Yippee!!!! Thank you to the lovely Tanja over at Ja Citam, a ti? book blog for nominating me for my second Liebster Blog Award!
Tanja is a super active, ultra cool blogger so do click on the link above and have a look on her work as well as the other amazing bloggers she nominated for the award this year.
Tanja, I have been incredibly slow at getting this sorted, apologies! *_*
Here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves;
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you've tagged;
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post;
- Tell them you've tagged them;
- Remember, no tag backs.
Ok... Here I come!!!
11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. Every little girl wants to be a Disney princess. When I was little I was bookworm Belle from Beauty and The Beast. :)
2. My daughter is the funniest person ever! And so is my husband. I started quoting them on Twitter and Facebook because they come up with some seriously random stuff.
3. I'm very close to my brother and my sister. They're my right and left arm.
4. I'm always coming up with words that are half Portuguese (my mother tongue) and half English. My English family calls it "Paularisms" or "The Paulaish Dictionary".
5. My daughter thinks I'm a strange adult. I take that as a compliment. :)
6. I'm currently working on my first novel.
7. My dog is called Indiana Jones and he is a Yorkshire Terrier - or as we call him, a Yorkshire Terrorist.
8. My study is the messiest room in my house. There are books and papers everywhere!
9. I have three tattoos: 3 stars - symbols of my family and the three things I believe in life; 2 butterflies - symbols of change, going from ugly to beautiful; and a Phoenix - that's what my mum says I am.
10. Today is my mum's birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!! LUV YA! xxx (sorry, I need to let her know that even though I'm an ocean away, I never forget her).
11. I love popcorn. I could eat tons of it.
ANSWERING TANJA'S QUESTIONS:
1. Where do you live?
Lancashire England, although I'm originally from Brazil.
2. Do you remember your favourite book from childhood?
I didn't read much during my childhood. When I was little, Brazil didn't have a strong reading culture, so most of my young age reading happened on my teens. I loved a Brazilian book called 'As Sete Faces do Amor' (The Seven Faces of Love), which is basically a compilation of seven stories about different types of love: friendship, platonic, all-consuming, romantic, possessive, the love that betrays, and the one that is on your life for a short period of time for a reason. I talk more about it here. It's a gorgeous book.
3. Do you have your "book boyfriends"?
Absolutely! I'm completely in love with Seth Morgan from Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. *deep sigh... day dreams*
4. Twitter, Facebook or something else?
I use most of them, but I love Twitter and Goodreads.
5. Do you prefer ebooks or paperbacks (hardbacks)?
I read a lot of ebooks, but I love, and I mean, I loooooooove paperbacks.
6. What's your ideal job?
Writing and reviewing for a living.
7. Where would you like to go on the vacation this summer?
I have been trying to visit Venice for years. No happening this year, unfortunately, but I would love to.
8. How many books do you read each year?
I'm a seriously slow reader. :( Life keeps on getting on my way. So I'm trying for 48 this year. It was 36 last year.
9. Fantasy or realistic fiction?
I'm gonna make it complicated and say I like believable-fantasy. I love it when an author tells me there are cats raining from the sky, but he/she is so convincing and matter of fact that I actually think it's plausible.
10. Do you have any hobby?
Dancing. I love dancing. So by default, I love partying. I guess it's in my Brazilian blood. You can take the girl out of Brazil, but you can't take Brazil out of the girl. :)
11. Any life-changing moments?
From when I was 14 to when I was 17 I dated the same guy. Unfortunately, he wasn't very nice and our relationship verged on sickness. I was completely under the thumb. Worshipped the ground he walked upon. Then my mother sent me to England to escape his madness and, once I could breathe fresh-air without him bullying me, I realized I didn't want that life. So I never went back. I only wish I had let my mother help me sooner.
I will be nominating 11 bloggers and asking my own questions in another blog post. There are so many good bloggers out there who deserve an award; I need to do some research! :)
Thanks again Tanja for nominating me. It's always an honour! xx